Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hello Blogging World!

I have decided to start a blog! For those of you who know me well, know how "out of my comfort" zone this is for me! But then again, EVERYTHING over the past 6 months has been way out of my comfort zone, so what the heck? Many people throughout the past few months have asked me if I had been blogging the journey we had with Mills. I have met several incredible women who have had similar experiences with the loss of their babies.They were, and still are, capturing the transparency of their pain and able to minister to others through their blog. And, my bestest pal, Andrea, harrassed me to do one, so we both took the challenge on together! To be honest, our situation was such a whirlwind, I couldn't wrap my mind around what I was feeling each day to begin to minster to others or even put that pain into words. I would like to say that everyday we were so strong in the Lord, but the truth is we were overwhelmed with pain. The simplest things in life became the hardest as our lives were completely spinning out of control. The news of Mills health changed honestly moment to moment. One moment we were hopeful, and the next that hope was destroyed, only to find it restored the next day. That is the beauty of this faith journey that God carried us on, and is STILL carrying us on. My purpose in starting this blog is to share what God is teaching me, showing me and to be transparent about our experience. I am not a writer, my sisters got that gene, but I feel the Lord leading me to be continue this journey through this blog. God is teaching me a lot about this "comfort zone" word, and the more I get to know Him and love Him, the more I want to be LESS comfortable. I am no longer content with "ankle deep" faith. I can't be that person anymore.

I also really want to capture the sweetness of our everyday life with our two precious boys. the fun things that we do and the love that we share, and the little moments that leave us doubled over laughing. Oh the joy of being parents! So, here goes my first post, and one more "comfort zone" to conquer!

1 comment:

  1. Stepping out into the blog world was a huge step of faith for me too. You know that I am not a writer either...God is redeeming me in this area! Love that you so much and I am so glad we have reconnected!! Praying for your healing Rebekah!!

    ReplyDelete